September 15, 2008

I'm In

This morning at 9 a.m. EST, I clicked on the link sent to me by NA Sports and sealed the deal for Ironman Wisconsin 2009. I had to select my name from a list, enter my password and surrender my payment to make it official. Moments later I received the email confirmation, confirming this is real. I'm not sure if it will be the fastest year of my life or the longest year of my life, but what I do know is that it will be a memorable journey.

Not surprisingly, my legs were sore today from yesterday's half marathon so I went to the pool for the first time in weeks. I tried out the new TYR Nest Pro goggles I bought at the Ironman expo. They were ok, but I need to swim in them a few more times to know for sure. They fit better than my Kaimans but leaked a little, which drives me crazy. I swam as far as the lap swim time would allow and after a rusty start, did pretty well. I was dying to try a lap with my left arm, but I resisted and will wait until I see my orthopedist on Friday. I'm hoping I can start swimming with it soon.

I booked a trip to Chicago for the marathon in October. This will be my third year there for the race, but my first time as a spectator. I have a few friends running, nothing better to do for the weekend and a friend to stay with so I decided to go. I have a feeling it will be a fun weekend.

Swimming
Distance - 1650 yards
Time - 40:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...