September 12, 2008

It's Official

Even though I waited in line for in-person registration, I'm not officially entered in Ironman Wisconsin until I go online and pay. I checked my blackberry after finishing dinner tonight and there it was - the email I've been waiting for every day this week:

Important 2009 Ford Ironman Wisconsin Registration Information

Dear ­­­­­­­­­­­ Kristin,

You are receiving this email because you are an on-site registrant for the 2009 Ford Ironman Wisconsin event. Below are instructions on how to complete your online registration and secure your spot in the event.


I can now stop worrying that I left a letter out of my email address or that my handwriting was too sloppy. I was ready to rush home and complete the registration, but I have to wait until Monday. I am signing on at the first possible moment so I can make it official. I haven't had a second of doubt since deciding to do the race.

My weekend plans are changing a bit. I am truly exhausted and have not felt well the past few days. I've decided I will not volunteer at the Hamptons Triathlon on Sunday. It's not so much the volunteering, but the travel involved. I would need to leave tomorrow afternoon to stay at a friend's house, which is still about 45 minutes from the race site. I'd have another 4 a.m. start, a long day and the travel back. I feel like I'm pushing myself to the limit and I don't have much left.

I decided to stay here and catch up on a few things. And if I'm feeling well, I'll run in the Queens Half Marathon on Sunday. I'm not trained to race this distance so I'll just do it as a training run. It will be a good test to see if I'm ready to get back to the longer distances.

My sister is running her first half marathon on Sunday as well. I remember when I took up running, she once told me she would only run if she were being chased by a mugger. But here we are a few years later and she did the Army 10-Miler last year, we're doing it together this year and she's doing a half marathon on Sunday. I think the Marine Corps Marathon may be in our future, but she said no way. I guess I'll have to wait and see. But either way, I'm really proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...