September 10, 2008

Nothing to Report Here

Days like today may make you ask yourself - why do I read this blog? Because I assure you I have very little to report. Despite this, I have a hard time seeing a day skipped in the archive. It's that Type A side of me that I just can't escape. So here I am, writing my third post of the day (still catching up from IMWI) and likely boring you to death. So to minimize the agony, I'll keep it brief.

I repeated yesterday morning, only this time my flight was on time. I arrived at LaGuardia around 11 and was in the office by 1 and prepared for a very busy day. I had a lot of catching up to do and was running on a little more than 4 hours of sleep. I still had high hopes that I would be able to wrap up work and maybe get in a run, but as the day went on, I knew it wasn't going to happen. I feel like I might be coming down with something, maybe a cold. After the immense amount of bodily fluids I was exposed to on Sunday I wouldn't be surprised. I'm also testing my body's limits with repeated lack of sleep. I'll try to start catching up tomorrow, although it will be short lived.

I am registered to race in the Mighty Hamptons Triathlon in Sag Harbor this weekend. Since my crash is keeping me from racing, I volunteered to work at the event. This was back when I was feeling really low and disconnected from the sport and it felt like a great idea. Now I'm exhausted and wondering why the heck I'm driving out to the Hamptons and then getting up at 4 a.m. yet again. I'm sure I'll be glad I went, but for now the thought just makes me tired. I'm body marking and working the swim to bike transition so I should be done by 7:30 or so and can watch the race. I know a few people racing so I can cheer them on.

My fingers are crossed that I won't wake up sick tomorrow and that I can at least get back into running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...