September 17, 2008

Run Down

I had big plans for this week. I was going to keep increasing my running mileage, swim at least three times and get back on the trainer since I haven't biked in over two weeks. I got off to a decent start with a swim Monday night and a run Tuesday morning, but it ended there. I worked super late last night and am still working as I write this post, which means my planned run for today did not happen. And given my 8 a.m. start time tomorrow, it looks like a second unwanted rest day for me.

To top it all off, I'm feeling pretty run down these past couple days. I was tired going into the weekend and the half-marathon really took it out of me. My body feels physically fine, in the injury sense at least, but I'm exhausted. It has nothing to do with my training levels considering they've been so incredibly low. I think it has more to do with my chronic lack of sleep lately. It's finally catching up with me.

I'm now going to have to run Friday, Saturday and Sunday to salvage the week with Sunday as my long run. I'm sure it will all be fine in the end, it's just frustrating to lose complete control of the schedule. I've been pretty lucky in maintaining a balance up to this point so I really can't complain. As long as I don't get too beat up and end up sick and out of even more training, I think I'll be fine.

9/16

Running
Distance - 5 miles
Time - 44:06

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...