September 27, 2008

Zipp-ity Do Da

After a week of contemplation and annoying anyone who would listen with countless questions, I decided to get the Zipp 404 tubulars instead of the clinchers. Since I can barely change a tire anyway I might as well learn with the tubular since they are better for racing. Now I just need to wait for the bike shop to confirm they can get a set and they'll be mine. If only I had the bike...

Friday ended up being a rest day, which was probably a good thing. I had my first physical therapy session in the morning and it went well. My range of motion isn't terrible, but apparently I've trashed my posture from favoring my shoulder for the past 6 weeks. The evaluation hurt pretty badly since my therapist moved my arm into some pretty uncomfortable positions. Then after some heat, I did a series of stretching and strengthening exercises. The most painful part was the massage. There are huge knots in my shoulder that are clearly going to take some time to work out. We finished with electro stim and ice, my favorite part of physical therapy. My back was sore for the rest of the day, but it felt good by morning.

I ran 2 quick miles on the treadmill today to test out my leg. At first it was pain-free and I was thinking the day of rest did the trick. But after 1.75 miles the pain started again so I did the rest of my workout on the elliptical. I'm not sure how my 18-miler will go tomorrow, but I'm hoping for the best.

Running
Distance - 2 miles
Time - 17:31

Elliptical
Distance - 4.28 miles
Time - 40:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...