March 6, 2009

Friday. Finally.

I'm not sure I've ever been happier to have Friday arrive. My new work schedule includes Friday "off." I can sleep in a bit, not go to the office and have minimal work commitments. I didn't realize how much I needed the down time until I woke up and tried to swallow. My throat was swelled and sore, a sure sign my body is having adjustment issues. I went from plentiful sleep, low stress and convenient training times to limited sleep, high stress, a crowded subway commute, sick office mates and early morning training. I wasn't surprised and I wasn't happy.

I slept in a bit and did my bike workout, more interval work on the trainer. It momentarily gave me a boost, but I could tell it was short lived. I had considered making up yesterday's swim, but after talking with my coach, decided to take it easy. He recommended rest, gargling with Listerine and drinking some bizarre herbal tea with anti-viral properties. Hey, anything's worth a try, right?

Biking
Distance - 9.81 miles
Time - 42:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...