March 11, 2009

Misery

Today was not a good day. I woke up super early and discovered I had a massive migraine that was most likely brought on my the equally massive sinus pressure I had. I dragged myself out of bed for some water and Advil Cold and Sinus, then dragged myself back to bed. I slept until 9:30 and to my dismay, the headache remained. It was so severe I ended up laying on the couch with an ice pack on my head while I waited for round two of the pills to kick in.

Two hours later I was feeling somewhat better. By late afternoon I finally decided to attempt a trainer ride. I was supposed to run but there was no way with the coughing and the headache. So I hopped on the bike to do tomorrow's workout. I did the first round of drills, the first moderate interval and the first harder interval. About halfway through the harder one I totally lost steam. I was beat. I knew I'd have to stop when it was done.

It was frustrating to have so little energy. This was supposed to be a bigger training week for me and it has slowly fallen apart. I got an email from my coach with a modified schedule for the remainder of the week and weekend. I was relieved to see he wasn't mandating rest days as that was his initial reaction until I provided more details about my illness. He reduced both the volume and intensity of my Thursday and Friday workouts, and reduced the intensity of my long weekend workouts. The only thing I lost was the swim I was supposed to do Sunday after my long run. I can live with that.

I started to feel a little funny so I took my temperature. Sure enough, I have a fever. I'm going to bed early so I can get as much rest as possible. I'm so tired of being sick.

Biking
Time - 27:30

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...