April 5, 2009

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

I finished my first half Ironman today and did much better than expected. When I originally signed up, I had lofty goals for a sub 6-hour finish, which isn't particularly fast in the scheme of things, but would have been great for my first race. But after the lack of training and some bad luck, I was aiming for 6:30-6:45, still a respectable effort.

Today I beat that goal with a 6:16:50 finish and better than that, I loved every minute of it. I had a fear-free swim that was almost relaxing, a solid effort on the bike without being too timid and an unbelievable run.

I'll write a full post about it tomorrow, but for now, as they say in New Orleans, it's time to laissez les bon temps roulez after being good and preparing for the race all weekend. I've earned it!

Swimming
Distance - 1.2 miles
Time - 46:44

Biking
Distance - 56 miles
Time - 3:16:12

Running
Distance - 13.1
Time - 2:01:57

2 comments:

  1. WooHoo! I was thinking about you all day. I'm so glad to hear you had a good experience. Enjoy the post-race partying!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...