April 13, 2009

Missing: Have You Seen My Bike?

Aside from riding it during the race, I have been without my bike for almost three weeks now. I understand the local bike shop was hit with the task of dealing with hundreds of bikes, but three weeks? I called today to get a tracking number and learned my bike was still sitting there, not packed up and not on it's way back to New York. They then asked me if the red and black aero helmet and other assorted accessories belonged to me as well, only to discover they were looking at a completely different bike. Oh boy. The return label was MIA and they had the wrong location in the system.

It took several minutes but we seem to have smoothed things out. They identified my bike and said they would pack it up and ship it out tomorrow. They seemed to understand my predicament and took pity on me. Either that or they just wanted to ensure I don't call back again. With a little luck I can pick it up by Friday and take it out for a ride. We're supposed to have semi-warm weather, which could mean the end of trainer season for me.

Today was another rest day and while I'm anxious to get back into the swing of things, I had to get my taxes done and catch up with other aspects of my life. Plus I'm still a bit tired so I think the rest will pay off in the end. I'll find out this week when I see how my body responds to starting up again.

4 comments:

  1. And people wonder why I'm reluctant to go to races further away than driving distance. I would freak out. Take my beautiful bike half apart, and stuff her in a box, and trust that box to airplane people that get a bonus for everything they break, and hope that it gets there on time, and put back together right, and then have the same happen on the way back???
    I sure hope everything turns out ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get your bike soon Kristin :)

    I wouldn't like to be without my tri bike for three weeks for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might want to check out tribiketransport for IMWI, Kristin - we used them to get our bikes to IMAZ, and it was the best thing ever. Super, super, easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, this would drive me CRAZY! This is one reason I'm driving to FL for IMFL! And I second TriBikeTransport- i haven't used them, but know LOTS that have and were very complimentary about them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...