April 4, 2009

Weather or Not

Triathletes can obsess about the weather before a race. You find yourself going to the hour-by-hour on weather.com and hitting refresh to see if it has miraculously changed. Today is a picture perfect day in New Orleans. At 11 a.m. it's 70 degrees and moderate humidity. It's the kind of day that makes you want to race. Tomorrow's forecast, however, is another story. Right about the time my swim wave starts they are calling for isolated thunderstorms. The good news is that isolated storms means the percent is low, right now at 30%. The bad news is that the storms could hit right when I'm face down in Lake Pontchartrain. There is a break where rain is not expected, then starting again at noon it's back. At least by then (with luck) I'll be running and I can run in the rain all day.

Regardless, I'm not going to stress over it. There are a million things I can do to make my race a better one and there isn't a single thing I can do to control the weather. But you may find me crossing my fingers today and wishing, just a bit, for some luck.

I'm off for a short, easy run before having a reunion with my bike. I'll take it for a little spin, then drop it in transition and call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...