May 1, 2009

Happy Friday

I normally have Fridays off so it's a day where I can get a little extra sleep and do my training at normal hours. However today I had a lunch event for work so I had to get up early to get the training done first. I was scheduled for a short brick but it wasn't short enough for a weekday morning so I decided to do Sunday's bike and run instead. I woke up still feeling exhausted and had a hard time getting out of bed. I had an even harder time getting on the bike. But once I got started it was ok. I had another easy hour aerobic at 85-95 rpm. This is a boring one but I honestly didn't feel like much more today.

After the bike I had an easy five mile run. It was rainy but relatively warm so it was actually kind of nice. I can't explain it, but sometimes I just love running in the rain. I actually felt happy while I was running.

The event ended earlier than expected so I made a pedicure appointment and ran into a friend at our local bar and had a drink with her. I then spent the evening with friends and for just a little while, forgot about how busy work is and how busy training will be soon. It more than made up for getting up a little earlier than usual.

This is the end of my rest week. I have tomorrow off and my short brick on Sunday. I'm going to enjoy every moment of it.

Biking
Time - 1:00:00

Running
Distance - 5 miles
Time - 41:58

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...