June 18, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away

I woke up to the sound of pouring rain, yet again. I have a five mile run on the schedule and decided to do it when I arrive in Wisconsin tonight where the sun is actually shining. A friend informed me today that we've only had four rain-free days in June. And not only is it raining all the time but it's also cold. As I packed for this trip I realized I haven't even gotten my summer clothes out yet. They are still all zipped up in bags under my bed. The fact I don't miss them says a lot.

I just finished bubble wrapping my bike - yes, I'm uptight - am pretty much packed and should be ready to go in an hour or so. My flight is delayed but I'm going to just go to the airport, get the bike checked in and wait. Hopefully there will be WiFi and if not, there's always the airport bar to pass the time.

I'm looking forward to another big dedicated training week and can't wait to see my family and friends in Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...