July 9, 2009

Finally!

While reluctantly packing late tonight it finally hit me - the elusive, race day excitement is slowly setting in. Packing up my wetsuit was the catalyst. Maybe it's because I don't get to do much open water swimming, or because the last place I wore it was in Wisconsin during that incredible training week. Or maybe it just reminded me how special triathlons are and why I chose to do them.

I had an incredibly busy day and late night so I missed my swim and a chance to see some friends. I still have to finish packing and want to hit the road no later than 10 a.m. tomorrow so there is much to do. But at least now I'll be fueled by pre-race energy that will hopefully take me through the weekend.

I'll be in Wave 7 starting at 6:25 a.m. on Sunday. With a little luck, I'll be finished before 1:00 and will be waiting in line to sign up for Ironman Lake Placid 2010. Fingers crossed.

Biking
Distance - 17.21 miles
Time - 1:05:27

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...