October 7, 2009

2010

Since 2009 is most certainly over for me as far as training and racing are concerned, I'm starting to look forward to my 2010 season. I'll be racing:
  • Ironman 70.3 New Orleans, April 18
  • Eagleman Ironman 70.3, June 13
  • Ironman Lake Placid, July 25
  • Ironman Wisconsin, September 12
In 2009 I only competed in four triathlons as well, but I rounded the year out with multiple running and swimming races as well as two bike events. For 2010 I'll likely keep the focus on this small group of races and my continued recovery.

I saw the doc yesterday and things are moving ahead. I got my orthotics and will start wearing them instead of the boot on and off over the next couple weeks. I should be having my MRI soon and the results will determine if I'm ready for PRP injections. If all goes well, I could be running by December. I'm willing to wait so I go into the season 100% ready, but just knowing the end is within 8-12 weeks is a good feeling. I don't do injured very well so my primary goal for 2010 is to be injury free. Finally.

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty sexy 2010 right there! Do you ever do any sprint or oly distance tris during the season too? My friends that do the longer ones use the short ones as normal training days, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fun schedule for sure! I did an Oly in 2009, but am not planning any shorter races in 2010 mostly so I can really focus on these bigger ones and try to stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...