October 28, 2009

Watching My Ironman

My brother had a video camera on race day but I never had a chance to see the footage until a DVD arrived in the mail today. I cannot describe the emotional weight of an Ironman. It's been eight weeks and I've barely trained and barely thought about the race, but the moment I saw the video I was filled with a variety of emotions ranging from happiness to pride to awe. I still can't believe I did it, especially given the injury I was dealing with. When I see myself on video I have a hard time believing it was such a struggle. I looked so happy. So I guess I really had the best Ironman experience of all: one filled with joy from beginning to end. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

If I can figure out how to compress the video I'll post it here. In the meantime, I got an update from the doctor today. He is filing an appeal for the PRP but I won't hold my breath. The more promising update is that he offered to discount the treatment significantly so it's back on the table. I have an appointment next Wednesday. We'll see.

I'm off to Lake Placid tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, man, I'm jealous - I bet LP is beautiful this time of year. Have a great weekend, K!

    P.S. I wanna see that dvd!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...