November 11, 2009

Rapid Progression

Last night was rather sleepless. I had taken percoset for the pain, which helped tremendously, but percoset makes me feel generally awful and keeps me from sleeping so I was uncomfortable and restless most of the night. When I woke up this morning I still couldn't walk. I used my crutches to get around and had to call a car to take me to work. I was tired and sore all day, but with the boot and crutches, managed to stay completely off my foot.

I noticed mid-day that the pain had lessened significantly and when I finally got home tonight and took off the boot, I was able to stand flat-footed as long as I didn't apply pressure. I'm nowhere near back to normal but I'm really happy to see how fast the recovery from the injection is progressing.

After two days of biking outside in the unseasonably warm weather, I took today as rest due to my foot. I have business travel the rest of the week but should be able to swim before leaving. I've been aiming for consitency. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't need to follow my schedule by the letter, but rather be active on a consistent basis to ease back into the routine of daily training. I've definitely been feeling better since stepping it up and for the first time since before the Ironman, I'm actually looking forward to doing more. That's a huge step.

2 comments:

  1. Hope the pain continues to lessen. Save travels !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little late on this, but congrats on getting the procedure! Is that the only injection you'll be getting?

    My fingers are crossed that this gets you up and running in short order.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...