December 25, 2009

Long Winter's Nap

It seems the main activity of my Christmas vacation is sleeping. After an exhausting day of travel, I slept until almost 11. Then this morning I woke up around 9:15 after a solid eight hours of sleep and after being up for only five minutes, I went back to bed and didn't wake up until 10:45. I suppose I wouldn't be sleeping so much if I didn't need it so given I don't have much else to do, I won't fight it. After all my sleeping in days are numbered.

I did a little Christmas indoor brick to burn a few of the cookies I ate yesterday. I biked an hour and did a 22-minute run/walk on the treadmill, sticking to the 2-minute/1-minute intervals even though I felt I could run longer. The 2/1 is on my schedule for the next two weeks so despite having the urge to step it up at times, I'll continue to keep it conservative. I don't want to push my luck. Today's run was entirely pain free and I only felt a bit of tightness in my Achilles. That was the best gift I could ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...