September 9, 2010

Helllllooooo Wisconsin

I'm here, I've arrived. And for the next several days I will be Ironman Wisconsin athlete 2537. My flight landed at 2 and by 4 I had retrieved my bike and gear bag from Tribike Transport, checked in and bought an updated cow-spotted bike jersey for my collection. I spent the rest of the afternoon playing with my nephew and visiting family.

I'm a little tired because instead of resting up on this final morning in Brooklyn, I was up at 5am and clipped in at 5:25 for my farewell ride in Prospect Park. It was chilly and dark, the perfect fall morning. I met up with Mark and John and intended to take it easy, but after a loop or so, the familiar whir of the Prospect Peloton approached and I once again couldn't resist. I thought I'd ride for a loop, maybe two, but as it turns out, I have no self control. I was up at the front and rode for over an hour with them. As usual it was ridiculously fun and a great way to enjoy the sunrise. I can sleep when I'm dead.


I felt a little sad as I pedaled away from the park knowing I'll be out of commission for a little while. But the sadness shifted to excitement and anticipation when I boarded the plane to Madison. Race weekend has officially started!

3 comments:

  1. Have a GREAT race! Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck this weekend!! Enjoy your redemption : ) Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...