In reflecting on Madison, I realized I consumed more crap in one week than I have in months. Here are some highlights:
- An unbelievable burger made with short ribs and other delicious cuts of beef, fries, a shared charcuterie and cheese board and a couple glasses of wine at Graze, one of my favorite places to eat in Madison.
- Lake perch fry at The Old Fashioned, washed down with a couple incredible Wisconsin brews and of course preceded by fried cheese curds.
- Mini burgers, bone marrow and a decadent grilled cheese with pork belly and homemade chips, washed down with around 4 strong beers at Cooper's Tavern. Thank god I was walking that night!
- Grilled salmon club (that means there was bacon on there), fries and a beer for lunch at the Great Dane with more cheese curds, more bone marrow and fried chicken with waffles for dinner at Graze. At least I drank heart-healthy red wine that night (aside from the pre-dinner beers I had at The Old Fashioned)!
- Sausage gravy and biscuits (yes, I am a huge pig) with a blackberry scone for breakfast at Lazy Janes and a pulled pork burrito with various shared appies and tequila drinks at El Dorado Grill. Aye carumba!
- Sushi from Sushi Muramoto... finally something semi-healthy!