December 22, 2010

What's Another 26.2?

A 70.3 in Southern California sounded pretty nice. I mentioned it to a friend who lives in LA. She suggests I join her for the LA Marathon. The 70.3 was sold out. And there you have it my friends, I'm now signed up to run a marathon in 88 days. I think we all know what I've been up to for the past 88 days so I've got a lot of work ahead of me. But before you think I'm impulsive, foolish, crazy (ok, maybe 2 out of 3 could apply), I did check with my coach to be sure I wouldn't be setting myself up for massive failure and injury. He's pretty conservative and he felt I could do it and actually do it well if I were committed. So I am. I started this week and will make it my primary focus for the next 3 months.

Perhaps the best thing about this is the giant push to stop being lazy. I needed it and couldn't find it with my first big race 10 months away. It has also forcing me to stop the holiday indulging. I was on very good behavior Sunday, Monday and Tuesday aside from some drinks Monday and a little chocolate in the office Tuesday. I'm down 3 pounds - 12 to go. I've also been far more consistent with the workouts.

In preparation for a long day of travel and the impending Christmas eating, I did one day of the Blueprint Cleanse's Juice 'til Dinner. I wanted to wake up Thursday feeling good and was so busy today I didn't have time to eat anyway. I'm 3/4 of the way through it and have really enjoyed it. I had a green juice this morning, a pineapple/apple/mint combo after my run, another green juice a couple hours later and a lemonade with cayenne about 30 minutes ago. Since this is only juice during the day, I have my small, raw meal to look forward to later. I also have a snack that I never consumed. I haven't felt hungry except for after my run and have enjoyed all the juices. I'll let you know how I feel at 10pm tonight.

My plan for the next several days is to enjoy the holidays in small, small portions. I'm not going to sit there munching on celery, but I'm not going to go hog wild like I have in the past either. Who's with me?

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo for signing up for the marathon!
    This season I'm not going to go crazy, but I'm not going to deprive myself of things either. I'm just going to enjoy the season with my friends and family and not worry about the "food" part of it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on signing up for the marathon!

    Down 3lbs already??? Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...