September 17, 2011

I Suck at Race Reports

In 2009, I wrote an epic race report after my Ironman Wisconsin journey that captured the day so beautifully and evoked more than a few tears, particularly when I documented my ill-fated "run" with a torn PF. I did another decent 3-part report for Ironman Lake Placid in 2010. But after setting a huge PR just 7 weeks later at Ironman Wisconsin 2010, I failed to do a report. I think I just forgot and every time I remembered it slipped my mind. It was by far my best day ever racing and I never put it on paper. I thought about doing it before the race this year but didn't have the time.

I also have a half-draft of my Escape From Alcatraz report from June. That's sad. So my realization is that I absolutely suck at writing race reports. I think they are good when I actually do them, but for some reason I have a hard time getting started.

I'm going to start my Wisconsin report this weekend with a goal of having it up by next week. And maybe when I'm done I'll finish Alcatraz and do a retrospective look at IMWI 2010. It was a race worth remembering and would be nice to reflect on.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy reading the reports of those who don't slack and wait so long people forgot you actually raced.

1 comment:

  1. Many of us really enjoy reading the RR's so I do hope you find the time and inclination to finish/write. They are the inspiration to those of us who are a long way from the Ironman title!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...