- Nov 2-9: Vacation in London with friends
- Nov 16-17: Drove my cat Otis to DC to live with my sister temporarily
- Nov 18-27: Vacation in the Piedmont region of Italy with my boyfriend Mark
- Nov 27-28: Short solo jaunt to Rome before heading back to London
- Nov 29-Dec 8: Two different business trips to London
- Dec 10-12: Back to DC to bring Otis home
- Dec 16-18: Fun weekend in San Francisco with Mark
I have two suitcases and an overnight bag partially unpacked lying around my apartment, but it's time to pack up once again for a trip home for the holidays on Friday. I plan to sleep, eat and wear pajamas as much as possible all week. And maybe throw in a swim or jog here or there.
On that front, I'm ashamed to say I haven't swam a single stroke since Ironman Wisconsin. I just couldn't bear the thought of it and given how burned out I was last season I decided to just skip it for awhile. I was never a good swimmer anyway and it's not like I'll forget how. I haven't been able to run since the race with the exception of the Army 10 Miler on October 9. That was the last time I laced up my shoes and gave it a try. I've suffered from severe plantar fasciitis once again and now have achilles tendonitis issues to add to the mix. Just when I think it's improving I have a setback so I'm really being cautious. If all goes well the next several days I'll try a very easy, short jog. At least I can earn a few extra Christmas cookies.