February 9, 2012

Not That Special and Egg How-To

Many people have the luxury of driving to their morning workouts, or doing them right out the door, but I live in New York City so mine often involve a long subway ride before Starbucks is even open. I occasionally whine about having to wake up so early, even if only to myself. But the other morning when I boarded an already packed train at 5:45am, it hit me that waking up pre-dawn is really not that special. A lot of people do it for various reasons - to care for their children, to work an early shift, to exercise, to study. My mom wakes up at 5am every morning for her job and she works really hard.

So there will be no more whining from me about the early mornings. Waking up at 5am is a choice, and it's to pursue a passion that is really fulfilling. I've been trying to get to bed much earlier to compensate and on good days, it works.

And now for the egg and avocado how-to since it turns out I'm not alone in my love of the egg. Here is how it's done (original source):


  • Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add sizzling agent of your choice (butter, oil, cooking spray). I opted for a dab of olive oil in my quest to be heart-healthy.


  • Slice an avocado lengthwise with skin on to create a thick slice in the middle; reserve the sides for other delicious eating.


  • Pop out the pit and create a larger hole in the center. This is where I may have gone wrong, not creating a large enough hole as I had massive egg spillover.


  • Place the avocado slice in the pan and crack an egg into the center. Add a teaspoon or two of water to the pan, cover and cook two minutes or until the egg is done to your liking.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Great ideas and recipe!

    P.s. you've been tagged by me on the 11 random things. don't feel obligated to do it. it's just for fun.

    Have a great day!

    DonnaG
    donnalifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly can't imagine having to think prior to some of my morning workouts! I guess we're spoiled!

    Thanks for the recipe though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...