March 22, 2012

Where Has the 5am Love Gone?

I've never been a morning person. In fact I used to sleep in the backseat of the car during little league softball practice much to my mom's dismay. But I somehow adapted to early morning training and felt satisfied knowing I made time for me before the day was for someone else. But lately I despise getting up in the morning. I'm not sure if I've become too accustomed to the 7-8 hours of sleep I was getting in the offseason, or if I'm just lazier than ever, but it's a struggle.

The alarm went off at 5am yesterday and instead of getting up, I hit snooze and slept another 9 minutes. On the second alarm I put one leg out of the blankets thinking if I got cold I'd be forced to wake up. It took the third alarm to drag myself out of bed and another 30 minutes - involving a nice almond milk cappuccino that I took the time to froth - before heading out for my run.

Regardless, it was the first step in getting back on track after the setback. I'm still not used to daylight savings, it's dark straight through a morning workout. But I love the extra light at night and the warm weather is icing on the cake. Hopefully by next week I'll be back into a rhythm and cursing the 5am wake-up a lot less.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...