April 28, 2012

The Only Thing Harder Than Ironman...

I've decided the only thing harder than training for an Ironman is moving. Since signing my new lease on April 1, life has been incredibly hectic and I'm more tired than when I was dragging myself out of bed at 4:30am for a workout. But interestingly, right around the time I decided to take this year off and focus on my non-sport life, my training volume edged up ever so slightly.


While 400 minutes a week is nothing compared to where I'd be in an Ironman year, it was more than the 200 and change I was able to squeeze out the week my decisions were made. What you'll notice about my graph is the lack of swimming. I haven't been in a pool since President's Day and don't plan to return anytime soon. I'm hoping a very long break will make me enjoy the sport again, or at least not detest it.

I start the moving process tomorrow and it continues into Monday. It's going to be exhausting and stressful, but at least it will be over. I'm still attempting to do Gran Fondo NY on May 20, but my performance will be far from my finest. After that, I can do whatever I feel like, which should be a refreshing change from the rigor of the past 4 years. But you never know where life will take you, and I haven't officially dropped out of any races yet...

1 comment:

  1. I am in the midst of relocating cross country and training for IMAZ and yes - both are ridiculously stressful!!!
    Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...