Waiting for the 7am Staten Island Ferry. Nothing but runners:

Final view of Manhattan from the ferry:

Athlete's village on Staten Island, where 40,000 runners had to kill hours and hours before the race start:

One way to keep warm:

Larry the Lighthouse, this guy is insane:

Keeping warm with heat sheets. It was 38 degrees at the start:

View of the Verrazano Bridge from my start area:

Killing time with an official start photo:

And we're off - the famous Verrazano Bridge start:

4th Avenue in Brooklyn, mostly uphill. Ouch:

Must be somewhere in Brooklyn since I'm still smiling:

First glimpse of Manhattan from the 59th Street Bridge, my slowest mile in the race:

Somewhere along the 26.2, not sure where:
Gary, ruining my fun shot:

Somewhere in Central Park, the final three miles. I'm not smiling anymore:

Official finish time - 3:58:14. I was the happiest girl in the world:

Finisher photo:

Happy to be done and warming up:

And now for the most important thing - recovery:
Well done on your first sub 4. I'm back after my injury woo's and ran a 4:05:30! The next marathon is tougher so I have my heart set on Weskus in March which is where I'll crack the elusive sub 4 :-)
ReplyDelete