I am really excited. July will be a solid race month for me and a good test of what I'm capable of from a mental standpoint. New Orleans was such a great experience so I'm hoping to replicate it and perhaps even step up my performance a little. I have a lot to look forward to.
Today was another light recovery day and I actually don't mind. I woke up feeling sick, I think my allergies kicked in overnight. I've had a sluggish, feverish feeling all day I can't seem to shake. I'm planning to call it a night early so I can finally sleep. I've been operating on fumes this week and it's taking a toll. In order to sustain the level of training I'll be doing this summer I have to figure out how to get more sleep.
I should have a New Orleans slideshow up by the end of the weekend. In the meantime, here's another new photo taken after the race at a bar on Bourbon Street with some new friends I met the day before the race. They befriended me at a restaurant at lunch, invited me to join them, took me to bike drop and for a test ride, drove me back and invited me to dinner. They made my race experience even better. I always say the people in this sport are hands down the coolest people you'll ever meet. This is a great example.
BikingTime - 50:00
And they are GOOD LOOKING!!!
ReplyDelete