- 5:45am - Wow, I felt pretty good despite the fact I had to get up 3 times to pee in the night. Oh, and I did have chills on and off again.
- 6:15am - Out the door for a run. Would I really be able to do it? First couple miles weren't so bad, but I eventually had to slow the pace down.
- 7:15am - Oh. My. God. I couldn't feel my legs and when I finally stopped I had a massive head rush that took a few seconds to pass. But I did it! Five miles and not an entirely embarrassing pace.
- 9:00am - Had my first juice, it was like sweet nectar from heaven even though it's essentially a ground up salad. I felt amazing. Who needs coffee???
- 11:30am - Time for juice #2 and I was starving. Felt fine within minutes of starting it.
- 12:00pm - Oh boy... is that caffeine withdrawal setting in? It felt like someone was squeezing my head and I was still hungry. And tired. And crabby. And couldn't focus. Not good.
- 1:30pm - Thank god for juice #3. The caffeine symptoms were subsiding as well. I felt better. Not great, but better.
- 3:30pm - Juice #4 and all was right with the world. I was suddenly awake, headache was gone and I no longer felt like gnawing off a finger.
- 5:30pm - Had my first solid food, a small raw "juice bar." I actually held out 30 minutes longer than needed.
- 7:30pm - My final dinner. Tonight's was a yellow bell pepper and thyme soup and a collard wrap with lemon-herb vegetables. Nothing is cooked, everything is cold, but surprisingly good. I'm holding out for my tiny dessert, cinnamon mousse.
I'm going to attempt a 6 mile run tomorrow. I'm running a mile outside and the rest at the gym in case I don't feel well. My coach told me to see how I feel and pull the plug after 4 or 5 if I'm not up to it. Fingers crossed, hopefully this mousse has some agave nectar in it!
So...congrats on day 2, I think.
ReplyDeleteHonestly, I'm not sure I "get" the whole cleanse thing - and several of the folks whose blogs I follow are doing this. Perhaps you could write about why you're doing this and what the health benefits are? I know that may sound like a silly question, and perhaps I'm just clueless...but perhaps I'm not the only one either...
Sounds like it's off to a good start! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI coudln't do this. You are my hero!
ReplyDelete