February 20, 2009

Justifiable Slacking

Up. Down. Up. Down. This has been the theme of the week. I had another 2,400 yard swim on the schedule today and just didn’t feel like doing it. I went out with friends last night and was tired as a result so I didn’t spring out of bed ready for a workout. I played that mental game all day where I went back and forth between justifying skipping it and berating myself for being lazy and not sticking to my training plan. In the end, I decided to skip it. I had a very stressful and tiring week and this early in my training, a missed swim isn’t going to do much damage. I have a race this weekend so another off day might actually do my body some good.

There. I justified it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...